4 Ways to Green Your Thanksgiving Dinner
How do you celebrate Thanksgiving? It probably involves some combination of family, travel, and food.
What can you do to have an eco-friendly Thanksgiving dinner without sacrificing your favorite traditions?
- Plan ahead. Figure out how much food you need and, if applicable, how many turkey sandwiches you want the next week. Base your shopping list around this to eliminate impulse buys. This way, you can eliminate food waste, save money, and help the environment!
- Buy organic, free-range, or pastured turkey to lessen your impact on the environment. Local too, if you can! A quick rundown:
- Organic/ Naturally Grown: A turkey that has been fed organic feed its whole life and has never been treated with antibiotics.
- Free-range: A turkey that has been free from confinement its whole life, but may have been kept in a barn.
- Pastured: A turkey that has been raised outside with space to move around.
What are your tips for a green Thanksgiving?
For more tips:
Tips for other holidays: